A poor mans Time Shift, delayed live stream or instant video replay solution.
Just a science experiment at this but seems to be reliable.
Using a combination of the following:
- Blackmagic TVS or H.264 hardware encoder
- MXPTiny to capture to Transport Stream file on SSD
- VLC to simultaneously play back recording file full screen on 2nd monitor
- DVI Extender to produce SDI output from 2nd monitor
- PowerShell to remote control VLC
- X-Keys to provide shortcuts
The delay can be anything from 1 second to many hours (dependent on disk space, maximum file size and stability of Windows (assuming Windows Update has been disabled).
Video showing a very boring test involving a digital clock.
My X-keys XK-60 layout includes a shift function to repurpose the numeric keypad to control VLC.